Information for our children
We have 3 different Children’s guides:
- one for 0-4 year olds
- one for 5-10 year olds
- one for 11-18 year olds
Children's Guide for 0-4 year olds
A guide to help younger children understand fostering and explain in a simple way what they are going through using pictures and being guided by an adult.
Children's Guide for 5-10 year olds
Find out everything you need to know about joining a foster family. From advice and rules to things to look forward to, it’s all here. So you’ll always have the help you need.
- What to expect from your new foster carer and social workers
- How to stay in touch with your family and friends
- What might change about school, holidays and other activities
- What to do if you’re worried or want to complain
With the help of these guides, your foster family will understand what to expect and how to behave. We hope you find them useful. For any extra help, contact your supervising social worker.
Children's Guide for 11-18 year olds
As well as including the basic information from the 5–11 year-olds’ guide, your guide will also help you prepare for independence and make more of your own decisions.
- Information about pocket money and allowances
- How much say you have in decisions about health and education
- How to get ready for work, bills and living alone
- Important contacts for life as a foster child
Start your fostering journey with Ikon Fostering
Dedicated and Supportive
We place young people and children with foster carers across the UK, including: Walsall, Dudley, Wolverhampton, Bilston, Aldridge, Lichfield, Tamworth, Telford, Birmingham, Coventry, Stafford, Warwick, Worcester, Brierley Hill, Stourbridge, the West Midlands, Staffordshire, Shropshire, surrounding areas and many other parts of the UK.
To find out more get in touch…