What is Fostering ?
Looking after children...
Fostering is when a child can no longer live with their own family, so is placed into the care of foster carers. The foster carer’s job is to provide a safe & secure environment for the foster child on either a temporary or more permanent basis.
Our foster families transform lives. They give children the love, care and stability they desperately need. Ikon foster carers will receive real-world training & ongoing support as well as a generous fostering allowance.
Find out more below…
Positive outcomes for some of the most vulnerable children in foster care
Foster carers (or foster parents) devote a great deal of time and energy into the wellbeing of a child that is in their care. They contribute towards positive outcomes for the child. By choosing us as your fostering agency, you’ll be in good hands. Our team will be guiding you every step of the way.
What is fostering?
Fostering is looking after children for a period of time. It can be days, weeks, months, years and sometimes it can be permanently. Fostering can involve looking after children of all ages and backgrounds. It is a partnership which focuses on the needs of the child. Foster carers, parents and social workers all work together. The foster carer’s job is to provide a safe, secure environment for the foster child.
A Foster Parent will have a huge impact on a child’s life and will help them to improve their self-esteem, make better choices and to go on to have a safer and happier future.
“This agency provides good foster carer recruitment, preparation, training and
consistent social work support. This results in confident, skilful foster carers and a
positive fostering experience for children.”
What does fostering involve?
- A child will become a part of your household.
- This could be for a varying period of time depending on a variety of different factors.
- Ikon’s foster carers receive a generous fostering allowance that helps to enable them to provide high-quality foster care.
- As a foster carer you will need “stickability”, patience, adaptability, flexibility and a good sense of humour, amongst many other qualities.
- Make the most of the training – that has been expertly put together by fostering professional to enable you to have the right skills needed as a foster carer
- A nurturing & welcoming home with a spare bedroom
- Support that you deserve from Ikon Fostering – as a foster carer you will be working as a valued part of the Ikon Fostering team.
Start your fostering journey with Ikon Fostering
Dedicated and Supportive
We place young people and children with foster carers across the UK, including: Walsall, Dudley, Wolverhampton, Bilston, Aldridge, Lichfield, Tamworth, Telford, Birmingham, Coventry, Stafford, Warwick, Worcester, Brierley Hill, Stourbridge, the West Midlands, Staffordshire, Shropshire, surrounding areas and many other parts of the UK.
To find out more get in touch…